Saturday, 21 July 2007

Today is my last day in Costa Rica. I fly out of San Jose at 1pm tomorrow. Right now I am in San Jose in our hotel. We got here earlier today after spending two nights in Arenal, right by the volcano(luckily it´s not volcano season...).  Wednesday was our last day of class and our last day in Monteverde . Tuesday we didn´t have class so(instead of studying or working) I went with a few of the guys in our group and one professor to hike through the the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve. I saw a Resplendent Quetzal! The whole walk I didn´t see one and then right after we got in the cab to leave, our cab driver buddy Freddie pointed out the Quetzal so we all got out an looked at it.

In Arenal we went to a hot springs and did a hike to walk on some volcanic rocks that we from an eruption in 1992.

I am happy to report, in my final blog entry, that I did see a monkey! It was only for a second and he was running but nonetheless, mission accomplished!

Thanks for reading! I´ll try to get together some pictures to put online once I get home to my house with DSL!!! Another mission accomplished

No comments: