I'm in the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica at Puerto Viejo. We rode in the bus for 10 hours(including lunch and stops) on Friday to get here from San Luis. There are a lot of little stands selling jewelry, wraps, and souvenir type things but they are all expensive, even by US standards.
The first day we were here I got my hair braided on the top(because I was forced, I thought I would look ridculous with braided hair). Yesterday we rented bikes and rode around the town and down to a nicer part of the beach further down the road. The water here basically comes up to the road so there isn't a "beach"in the part of town we are in. The water here is really strong and you have to be careful not to get sucked out to sea. The scenery is pretty and the buildings are all pretty. There is a lot of Bob Marley and reggae-themed stuff here. Definetly a very chill place.

No comments:
Post a Comment